[vdr] Re: Manage several dvb cards with vdr?

Am Die, 2003-05-13 um 20.38 schrieb Daniel Sáez Domingo:

> I'm using a universal multi-remote (CM-808), but the DVB-s card
> IR-Receiver only understads one code. Then, I have to program the same
> code in every multi-remote device to get the dvb card understand it.
>
> For example:
> My dvb cards are Hauppauge Nexus-s.
> I have created the directories /usr/local/vdr/etc[0-5]
> In my multi-remote I can choose SAT1, SAT2, SAT3, but NEXUS-s only
> understand code 301. Then I have to program code 301 in SAT1, SAT2 and
> SAT3
> If I run
> vdr -w 60 -L/usr/local/vdr/PLUGINS/lib -c /usr/local/vdr/etc0 -Premote
> -Pdvd -D 0
>
> then I can use SAT1 to learn VDR
>
> If I run
> vdr -w 60 -L/usr/local/vdr/PLUGINS/lib -c /usr/local/vdr/etc1 -Premote
> -Pdvd -D 1
>
> and use SAT2 to learn this vdr instance.

> Once all VDR instances have been learned, if I press any key in the
> remote in SAT1 (for example Menu), all the vdr instances shaws the menu.
>
> Perhaps my CM-808 is not a real multi-remote.

On the VDR side you did the right thing. But if you use the same
IR-table 301 for all 6 devices, you send the same IR-code on SAT1-MENU,
SAT2-MENU, SAT3-MENU, ... This way pressing MENU on e.g. SAT2 opens MENU
on all instances.

So you first have to find 6 unique IR-tables (which means they mustn't
share IR-codes) based on RC5-protocol.

Did you build your own keymap for the nexus or did you use e.g.
hauppauge.rc5?

Then you must build a keymap which maps IR-codes to input-device
commands (i don't know if there are enough commands for six sets of
IR-comamnds).

Activate av7110_ir_debug to see what IR-commands are sent by your
remote.

Rene