[vdr] Re: Sync problems on playback

> > Hi,
> >
> > sorry that I still have not updated to the latest VDR (still using
VDR
> > 1.1.26), but as I followed the list there have not been major
updates
> > concerning the PCR and/or sync problems.
> > My last information was that the PCR problem did not affect
playback,
> > just live viewing. But when I played back a recording yesterday made
> > from ZDF last week, the video was not completely lip-sync. Only
after
> > going into pause mode and then back to playback, the problem was
gone.
> > Any comments on this?
>
> I get that sometimes, too, but don't know what causes this nor how to
> fix it.
>
> Klaus

While people can live with a light lipsync problem, I got major problems
when doing Live-AC3 with AC3overDVB this Saturday on Pro7. After
starting the recording and watching at the same time, I got AC3 dropouts
around every 1-2 Minutes. The picture also sometimes seemed to stutter a
little bit.
After switching to another channel on this transponder and than back to
Pro7 the situation got better, but there were still drop outs around
every 5 minutes. So I think there is/was a general sync problem.
Going to update to 1.1.33 and latest drivers this week hoping to get rid
of those problems.

With kind regards

Jörg