[vdr] Re: Newbie questions

On Tuesday 27 May 2003 18:00, you wrote:

> Hey, since Klaus is the only one to commit definitive changes to the
> official VDR, cvs has not much sense.
> VDR is a Great but relatively small project, only one _good_ person that
> makes important decision may be enough... IMHO.

I was thinking that it's just easier to track what's going on in the code. I
know "diff" is good and all, but 'cvs diff' between arbitrary revisions is a
lot easier to manage. And a WebCVS interface is even easier. That, plus "cvs
up -d" lets me know I am *definitely* on the bleeding edge. And lastly, if
you're going to suggest a patch, doing a "cvs up" before creating the patch
would make it the submitters responsibility to ensure the patch works with
the head branch.

But OK, it was just a suggestion. :)

> > 2. How do most of you debug VDR and its plugins? I tried gdb, but it
> > seemed to have some problems.
>
> fprintf ? :)

Hehe - yeah, I thought so. I guess my gdb suggestion sounded *totally* out
there. :)

- Bud
"The threat of madness is the price of reason" - Susanne Langer