[vdr] Re: Timeshifting pb with vdr 1.1.32 / vdr-1.1.33

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> This is all very strange...
>
> Can you please do an 'ls -l' on the recording directory to see whether
> the 001.vdr and index.vdr files actually grow while you're in pause mode?

Yes, they do....although I first suspected the filesystem, too....(ReiserFS
in my case)
But then...it DID work with 1.1.29....no other changes.....

> But then again, if you wait long enough (like several minutes or so)
> there _must_ be enough data in the files to resume normal replay.
> I can understand (and was able to reproduce) that it doesn't work
> if you start replay _immediately_ after going into pause mode, because
> the end of file is reached too soon, but I can't see why it wouldn't
> work if you wait longer...

That strangely does not really matter in my case. 5 seconds, 10
minutes.....although in one of ten cases it works....as I found out during
my debugging session....

> Maybe you could investigate around the cDvbPlayer and
> cNonBlockingFileReader
> to see under what exact conditions it decides to stop replaying.

So far I can tell it seems NOT to be in cNonBlockingFileReader. I'm still at
it....

Greetings
Stephan