[vdr] Re: Fix: Timeshifting pb with vdr 1.1.32 / vdr-1.1.33

Stephan Schreiber wrote:

> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > Maybe you could investigate around the cDvbPlayer and
> > cNonBlockingFileReader
> > to see under what exact conditions it decides to stop replaying.
> >
> > Klaus
>
> Ok, i did some more debugging and I actually found a fix for this.
> It is not too satisfying (although it is kind of obvious) as it adds a
> further delay between pressing the pause button and the display of the still
> picture, but it works reliably here.
> When the mentioned error "hits", the conditions of the where loop in
> cDvbPlayer::Action are not met, thus the playback stops:
> NextFile() is false, readIndex < 0 and ringBuffer->Available() is false,
> too.
>
> With "normally" recorded files, this is never the case, so I tried
> increasing the value of the sleep() call in menu.c @ 3131 (a few lines above
> your suggested patch) from 2 to 4, and voila!
> It works. Always (10 times in a row). I tried 3, but that is still not
> enough on my system. 4 seems to be a safe guess.
>
> @Juri: can you confirm this?
>
> Should I still investigate the recordings.c from 1.1.31?

Yes, please do so, because adding delays will only make the whole
thing more sluggish. Please revert the delay changes (also the sleep(3)
I suggested after the pause, in case you have that in) and just use
recording.c from 1.1.31. In 1.1.32 I modified this in order to no longer
have a short picture freeze at the end of a replay, but apparantly that
broke instant pause mode. If you can verify that the 1.1.31 version of that
file works together with the rest of the 1.1.33 source, I'll probably know
how to fix this.

Klaus