[vdr] NTSC -> PAL conversion ?

Hi,

I have one small question. I know this is not realy a VDR issue, but I think this still fits.
Every time I watch a DIVX, which is in NTSC format on my TV using VDR I have large problems with the movie hanging. I could trace down the problem to NTSC->PAL conversion, which in addition to DIVx->MPEG2 conversion simply is too much for my 2,4 GHz CPU. My Idea was to transcode the movies to PAL bevore watching the film. Has anyone got an idea of how i could do this?

chris