[vdr] Re: question für 1.2 final (shutdown after recording)

Tobias Faust wrote:

> > I don't think such an option for individual timers would make sense.
> really? :o

Yes, because if you add/delete timers you would always need to re-evaluate
that setting.

> > Besides, VDR _does_ shut down after a recording if it has booted up
> > automatically (and there is no pending recording within "Min. event
> timeout").
> yes, thats right. But someone cannot use the nvram wakeup-feature. And
> if i setup the min event timeout e.g. to 4 hours and i dont use
> (keypress...) the vdr after programming, the vdr will shutdown after 4
> hours. But what is with the timer AFTER 4 hours? no recording because
> shutdown.
> or i should resetup the minEventTimout before every timerprogramming.
> not really good.... :(

Maybe the "Sleep Timer" plugin Thomas Koch wrote would suit your needs?
See http://linvdr.org/download/vdr-sleeptimer.

> > Maybe you are issuing some SVDRP commands that trigger "user
> activity"?
> ????
>
> But really big thanks to your vdr-prog. I´m still waiting for the
> final release 1.2 to reconfiguration ;)

If nothing serious happens any more, tomorrow will be the day :-)

Klaus