[vdr] Re: plugin compile problem

On Sat, 31 May 2003, Andreas Schultz wrote:
> are quite elaborate and most likely highly dependant on the compiler version,
> but '/usr/include/sys/types.h' includes 'bits/pthreadtypes.h' which defines
> the rw_lock structures at least on debian unstable with gcc-2.95.4 and
> libc6-dev-2.3.1-17.
That might be true for the core VDR but in that Makefile GNU_SOURCE is
defined anyway. At least none of the "problem" plugins I am using is
including <sys/types.h> before thread.h. But you are right, it would not
be a safe fix. (However IMHO still better than touching all the
Makefiles...)

> what compiler and glibc version are you using?
GCC 2.95.3 and libc6

Hmm, if this cannot be fixed by a simple define, why not include a
"Readme-Autopid"-file in the next patch explaining what to do in case
some plugins refuse to compile on the target system? (Like: "If you get
compiler errors in certain plugins with threads.h, simply add the line
"DEFINES += HAVE_GNU_SOURCE" to that plugins' Makefile.")

Regards,
Andreas