[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] DVB subtitles 0.0.2

Seppo Ingalsuo wrote:
la, 14-06-2003 kello 00:17, Lauri Tischler kirjoitti:
Something still seems to be missing, maybe only 25% of
all subtitles show on the screen.
Sometimes only few subtitles get to the screen. I haven't been able to isolate the problem because it happens only rarely for me.

I have 2 candidates:

1)Currently my PES demultiplexer doesn't care about TS errors etc. so if there are TS errors the decoder could go "out-of-sync".

2) The code for detecting that everything needed for one page has been received (pageCompleted() in dec.c) could be wrong. The DVB subtitles spec defines that end-of-display-set should be explcitly sent in the stream but currently YLE doesn't do that.

> Haven't seen this but the synchronization is sometimes terrible because
> the presentation time stamp is ignored.

Yes, subtitling packets' PTS is ignored because there is nothing to compare it to. VDR doesn't provide a local system clock. Maybe it would be possible to sync to video packets' PTS? Any ideas?

-- pekka