[vdr] Re: unknwon picture type / error in data stream

Am Montag, 30. Juni 2003 20:22 schrieben Sie:
> On 28/06/2003 17:33 Thomas Bartschies wrote:
> Same here, but I don't think it's a DVB driver problem. Since it does
> not occur on all systems, I believe that it is a hardware dependant PCI
> timing problem.

Had it on my previous Asus P55T2P4 Board (Intel Chipset) and on my new
Asus TUSL2-C (Intel 815EP) Board. I'm guessing the others also
haven't exactly the same Chipset as you.

> Unfortunately, my SHUTTLE MV25N mainboard has a VIA APOLLO PLE133T
> chipset, so the southbridge is a buggy VT82C686B :-((
>
> Question to those of you having the problem: Does your mainboard use the
> same chip? Here is a list of chipsets using the VT82C686B southbridge:
> http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=14

Nope.

> You may try to set the latency timer of the DVB cards to 128. In my
> system, the problem seems be be gone after this change. Either edit the
> saa7146_core.c in ../driver/av7110 or use the attached patch. I found
> the following posting in the VDR-ML related to this:

I suspected this, too. But why has changing the primary interface to the
2nd card, reduced the frequency of broken recordings then? The
2nd card resides in lower priority slot 4, as the 1st card sits in higher
priority slot 2.

Why seems keeping the 2nd vdr interface busy of any effect then?

@the others
Before releasing any modifications of vdr as a patch, I want to test
them for a week at least. It may have other reasons or is coincidence
that it works for me now. BTW Klaus suspects also the driver. I already
had a conversation with him about this. He is against patching vdr.

Thomas