[vdr] Re: 5.1 Sound with analog soundcard?

Hello Marcus,

have you tested a52dec with DVD-plugin?

I receive audio glitches/interruptions once or twice a second when replaying DVDs.
I use the following option:
... -a 'a52dec -oss6 -g+35' ...
Trying ac3dec produces the same problems.

regards,

Matthias

Markus Schorer wrote:

hi,

sure it's possible.
use a52dec and let it decode to 5.1 (or some other fixed setups).
i'm doing the same. it works really good.

small problems remain:
- there is no way to switch between stereo and 5.1 like switching
languages (this is how i think it should be done).
- there is no (at least built-in) method of adding a delay to the
sound, 5.1 + stereo gives a "echo" (5.1 is early).

regards,