[vdr] Re: 5.1 Sound with analog soundcard?

hi,

i would be interested.

maybe you could even use my ideas to make it better ;-) :
- i think it should be integrated in the audio-track/language switch
- do you think we would need a per channel delay or do you think the
delay
  depends mostly on cpu power ? ( i have a 0.25 sec
  @ a celeron 800, this is a lot)

regards,

Marcel Wiesweg wrote:

> When I put my Audigy into my VDR box a few days ago, I wrote a simple small
> plugin (extending cExternalAudio, the "-a" command line option). It basically
> maps VDR's volume to the OSS mixers and mutes the DVB hardware if there is
> AC3 audio. You might want to use a ringbuffer to add a delay to the audio
> (MyPlugin::Play() puts data into buffer, a separate thread calls then
> cExternalAudio::Play()).
> In my tests so far (two recordings from Pro7, no DVD, no live stream)  -
> without any buffering! - it worked really well, almost in sync.
> If anyone is interested, I can send it (but I won't publish/support it, too
> dirty a hack)
>
> Marcel
>
> --
> Info:

  markus schorer              fon 089.540.149.0
  daiserstrasse 15 RGB        fax 089.540.149.44
  81371 münchen               http://www.plain.de