[vdr] Re: problems with ASUS a7v8x-x and vdr -> artifacts in recordings

* Michael Nausch (michael@nausch.org) [030629 23:20]:

> Hmm, I'm using a selfmade-SuSE-Kernel 2.4.20 since a few days, untill a feww
> days 2.4.19 made the good job. And why should DMA not work?
>
> I'm using an ASUAS A7VAX and DMA works fine!

I don't know the A7VAX. At least for the A7V8X the built in IDE controller
chip is not supported by linux kernels prior to 2.4.21-pre3 or so.

> Inside my VDR are working one TT V1.6 and three budget cards, and this works
> fine, too. I've no bit error's. Maybe yor HW has some IRQ-mismatches?

This shouldn't be an issue today, but of course you could be right. Since
the problems with VDR happen mostly when two cards are in use, an IRQ
conflict could be the problem. I'm going to play with IRQs and may change
the slots of the cards (I've already done this for cooling purposes, but
that didn't help).

Ciao,

Tobias

--