[vdr] Re: Suggestion: Change default bitrate in mplayer.sh.conf

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 13:07:09 +0200
Juri Haberland <juri@koschikode.com> wrote:

> Sebastian Kemper wrote:
>
> >> What is remarkable
> >> about that is, that my P4 2.4 GHz system has only a load of 75% or
> >even> less - so there should be plenty of computing power left.
> >
> > Hello Juri, I don't want to upset you but my Duron 1.3 GHz plays
> > them with ~55% and 62% tops. I have 256MB Apacer CL2 PC2100 less 8MB
> > for
>
> As long as we don't talk about the exact same video, the load of the
> system says nothing.
Yes. Bigger resolution, much more trouble.

> Well, if it isn't a MPEG video you are playing, it has to be converted
> regardless of the TV norm.
> As I said, I think it's a problem in mplayer.
>
> >> I think, everyone has to find the optimal value for his individual
> >system> for himself.
>
> > You're right. Maybe you could mention the chopiness from high
> > bitrates on your website, though.
>
> I'll see what I can do. I'd recommend to leave the bitrate as high as
> possible and only lower it if you get choppy scenes.
>
> Cheers,
> Juri

Is there a possibility to check if the displayed picture is choppy?
Maybe systemload. Then there could be a solution  to change the
bitrate or resolution and do a restart until it works.
It is really annoying to play around with some parameters if you like to
see a movie.
Or maybe it's possible to change the mplayer.sh (or is it mplayer.conf?)
over usercommands from within vdr.

Greetings,

Stephan