[vdr] Re: OT: reset DVD drive "LG D8120B" region code, how?

Hi Klaus,

> > Or do yourself a favor and get a Lite-On drive. They are very
> > quiet.Can positivly be flashed to handle RCE encoded DVDs
> > and are also pretty indifferent as to what you feed them (CDs,
> > CD-R. CD-RW, DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, etc) I have been
> > using them (and their CD recorders for quite a few years and
> > am a very happy customer ;o))

> Sounds like a good idea :-)
> Should be an IDE model, so that I can simply replace my
> existing drive.

Most new stuff is IDE. Since the introduction of ATA 133
and SATA drives, SCSI is no longer really needed (maybe
in a server system) and the price difference between a IDE
and a SCSI drive is enoumous (talking mostly HDD here).

> Can you recommend a particular drive?

If your looking for a plain drive. Have a look here at the
review:
http://www.cdrlabs.com/reviews/index.php?reviewid=60

Modell is LTD-163 (same as I am using). I believe the
newest model is the LTD-165

Lite-Ons also share high speed for ripping DVDs, CD,s
etc ;o))  31 Euros at Mindfactory (good sevice, nice guys
and okay when it comes to the price)

Oh, and of course the most important link ;o))

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?category=1&manufactor=17

Greetz,
Reinhard