[vdr] Re: streamdev plugin --> choppy playback

On Friday 25 July 2003 13:16, you wrote:
> Am Fre, 2003-07-25 um 13.04 schrieb Thomas Glomann:
> > Hi,
> >
> > now that streaming plugin works again, I have about question to hardware
> > requirements.
> >
> > my setup:
> >   server: K6 2 200 (acutally 300), 1 DVB-s, 64 MB
> >   client: PIII 900
> >   network: switched 100 MBit
> >
> > playback on the client using mplayer is very choppy.  guess it is like 5
> > fps. a/v complete out of sync and so on.
> > I tried TS, PES, PS.  TS doesn't work at all. PES and PS are almost
> > identical in performance.
> > The bottleneck must be the server I think.
>
> The bottleneck is MPlayer as it can't handle TS, the demuxer has
> problems with PES and it is usally choppy as it can't synchronize A/V
> correctly. Try TS with Xine!
>
> --
> Rene Bartsch
> Faculties MNI
> Computer Science 8th Semester
> FH Giessen/Friedberg, Germany
>
> Facsimile/Phone: +49 7 00/72 27 87 24
> Mail:  rene@bartschnet.de

I tried TS with Xine and it works flawlessly, but only for SOME channels.
e.g. Pro Sieben works fine but ARD has no audio.
encrypted channels also don't work.

with PS and mplayer ARD works with audio, however it is choppy ...

will try to use todays CVS of xine, already downloaded it.  currently i have
version : 0.9.18