[vdr] Re: create a PS with mpegtools with two audio channels...?

> André Weidemann wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I just wanted to know if there is a way to turn a VDR recording into a
> > PS and keep two audio channels in it.
> > If I recorded a movie with german language as well as the german AC3, I
> > would like to keep both audio channels when creating a PS.
>
> Steffen Kock wrote:
> You could try ds.jar mentioned earlier today... I use it to remux my vdr
> recordings for burning to dvd.... but be careful. if you have a cut mark
> not exactly when ac3-audio starts again (after a commercial break) you
> lose ac3-audio for that part of the recording. ok it's still there but
> my sony receiver doesn't recognize it, because pro7 switches to ac3 2/0
> during commercials.

With later DS.JAR versions (including X08), there is an option to fill
missing AC3 frames with dummy-5.1-AC3 frames. But I am not sure if this dummy-AC3
file is still delivered with X08, in the versions before, it was included in
the DS.JAR package.

Jörg