[vdr] Re: DS.JAR development stopped, but source code now available (GPL)

> On Fri, Aug 08, 2003, Dr. Werner Fink wrote:
> That means I've to buy and install MS Windows or does this work with
> wine (and without any original MS Windows DLLs)?

DS.JAR (or X08) is a java tools, so you just need the java engine installed.
Additionally, there is a command line version of DS.JAR so that you even
don´t need X.
The idea behind my explanation was to tell, that on windows you can take a
cut recording (with correct PTS) and an uncut audio stream (with PTS) and that
DS.JAR is able to sync the audio streams by adjusting and cutting them
according to the PTS info in both streams.

> > Any other ideas or solutions to convert the marks.vdr into values
> useable in
> > DS.JAR?
>
> After choosing the appropiate full video frames it should possible to
> generate the new GOPs as replacment for the GOPs around the cut marks.
> Within these new GOPs the audio/AC3 frames should be placed accordingly
> the PTS offset between video and audio/AC3 frames.

Maybe I am a litte pessimistic, but the main problem I see is that even
expensive commercial products (at least on windows) have multiplexing problems
with MPEG streams of different encoders. I don´t know much about how
multiplexing works but AFAI can see this seems to be one of the most difficult things.
So I finally would be pleased if there was at least an easy way to demux
files without audio gaps that have been cut comfortably with VDR - demuxing could
be started with an command script. Currently, I would have set the cut
points manually in DS.JAR, or convert the VDR file to PVA and use PVACutter etc.

Jörg