[vdr] Re: Hauppauge Remote-control and CAM dislike each other

On Saturday 09 August 2003 12:33, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Wolfgang Goeller wrote:
> >
> > Hello
> >
> > Today I tried to use the native Hauppauge-IR-Controller with
> > the card, where the CAM is installed.
> > I did install vdr-remote-0.1.1
> > Then I loaded the DVB-driver (no -icam) and used after
> > 10 sec. pause the
> > loadkeys-command from DVB/apps/av7110_loadkeys
> > again 10 sec. pause then
> > vdr -Premote -d
> > The remote-control worked but with this plugin I got
> > lots of  ERROR: CAM: Read failed: slot 0, tcid 1
> > (about every 5 Minutes - sometimes even more often)
>
> Maybe the remote control data transfer interferes with that
> of the CAM. I don't have such a card/remote here, so I can't
> do any testing/debugging.

Hm, the only place where it might interfere is on the ARM side. :-(
- Unless you press a key on the remote transmitter, there is no data
  transfer from the ARM to the driver.
- The remote plugin does blocking reads, so there is virtually no cpu
  load caused by this plugin.

Maybe the infred receiver receives noise and keeps the ARM busy(?)
Do the messages stop when you remove the IR receiver or cover the
receiver with tape?

Oliver