[vdr] Re: Chars vs. menu functions when entering text (was: Two Problems in VDR 1.2.2, part 2)

Morfsta wrote:

> 2) When adding a timer manually, and entering the filename with the
> keyboard, some keypresses are not accepted as they are overridden by the
> GUI control. In my configuration, if I pressed 'M' while entering the
> filename, it dumped me back out of the menu completely. While in the
> entering filename mode, all other keyboard traps and events should be
> disabled. To get around this I had to use the up and down arrows to
> slowly select each letter.

Well, if you have defined the key 'M' for a particular menu function,
you shouldn't be surprised if that key is no longer available for
character input ;-)

From VDR/HISTORY:

- If a PC keyboard is used as remote control, the string entry fields in the
  menus now accept character input directly (however, this works only for keys that
  are not otherwise defined as remote control keys).

Klaus

PS: please one message per topic, with useful subject lines!