[vdr] Re: vdradmin: how to discard some movie?

On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 10:52:31AM +0200, Gregoire Favre wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 10:38:36AM +0200, Thomas Koch wrote:
>
> > I don't know exactly what you mean but it's possible to use Regular
> > Expressions in the search field. Maybe this is a solution for your
> > problem.
>
> Great ;-)
>
> Could you give me an example for let say serching
> all containing skate-board but not simpson?

^(?!.*simpson.*).*skate-board.*$

(?!pattern)
is called a "zero-width negative look-ahead assertion."

You write the thing you NOT want before the thing you want.
To make sure that nothing "escapes" you have to use the anchors.
^.*<pattern>.*$
Otherwise a Title:
Simposon skate-board
would match. a "skate-board simpson" wouldn't match even without the anchors.
(Yes, Regular Expression can sometimes be a bit like a woman, unpredictable <g>)

Bis denn