[vdr] Re: OT: Choosing a multiswitch

Am Son, 2003-08-17 um 08.23 schrieb Reinhard Nissl:
> Hi,
>
> I'm sorry for beeing OT. Maybe you can answer me privately to not missuse this
> list :-)

I don't think it's OT - a lot of people on the list need answers to such
questions.

> So my question is: does anyone have a 9/x multiswitch for a single dish
> ASTRA/EutelSat system, and was it necessary to supply any attenuation
> equipment to the inputs?

As a 9/16 Multiswitch is quite expensive and requires extensive wiring,
you might be interested in a Technisat Disicon 4. It's a LNB with
integrated frequency-shifting solution. That means you only have one
wire through the house on which all receivers are attached instead of 8
lines from the LNB to the multi-switch and 16 single wires, each for one
receiver. You can even split lines if necessary.

It may require patching VDR slightly as it seems to use own LOF for each
attached receiver which would mean to extend the diseqc-function of VDR
to enter a unique LOF for each tuner-frontend.

As nobody on the list - including me - has Disicon 4, you'd have the
risk to be the first one using it - Just check www.technisat.com to get
more information. the drawback of the Disicon will be you can't receive
analogue channels.

--
Rene Bartsch

Facsimile/Phone: +49 7 00/72 27 87 24