[vdr] Re: Easyinput Patch for vdr-1.2.2

From: "Barbini Uberto" <Uberto.Barbini@ceda.polimi.it>
> > >I've made the patch against vdr-1.2.2 it is available at:
> > >http://www.djdagobert.com/vdr/vdr-1.2.2-easyinput.diff
>
> Out of curiosity, I visited http://www.djdagobert.com/vdr and I'm
wondering
> about the exact function of Video-Matrix.

I think I've missed to write a description of what the Video-Matrix is and
how it works...
Here I try to give a description:
The TDA8540 is an video-matrix with amplifier. It has 4 inputs and 4
outputs.
Each output can be connecten with an input. This configuration (IN->OUT) is
programmed with an bus called "I²C-Bus"

So if you want to connect 2 TV-sets to one DVB-Card with FBAS, you must
connect the output of the DVB-Card to one input of the TDA8540
(Video-Matrix). Then configure the the matrix to connect two outputs to the
input, where the DVB-Card is connected.

If u want to connect 2 TV-sets to one DVB-Card with S-Video, you must
connect the 2 signals of S-Video (Y/C) to two inputs of the TDA8540
(example: Y->IN1; C->IN2). Then configure the matrix to connect the 4
outputs to the two inputs.
Example:
Y(DVB)->IN1->OUT1->Y(TV1)
C(DVB)->IN2->OUT2->C(TV1)
Y(DVB)->IN1->OUT3->Y(TV2)
C(DVB)->IN2->OUT4->C(TV2)

The pdf document gives an exact description of the TDA8540:
http://www.djdagobert.com/vdr/TDA8540_3.pdf

I hope that made things clearer :)

Greets
Patrick

--
     There are only 10 kind of people who understand binary digits:
     Those who do - Those who don't...