[vdr] Re: In what circumstances is epg.data saved to disk?

Gregoire Favre wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 10:18:56AM +0200, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
> > channels.conf and timers.conf are saved every time one of their entries
> > is changed, so there's no need for such commands.
>
> For the channels.conf, that's not completely true...
> With the autopid plugin, the channels are changed, and not saved :-(

As always, I am only talking about "plain vanilla" VDR.
If somebody implements a patch that changes VDR's behaviour,
that's not my fault ;-)

> So unless someone fix this, I also found it would be great to have a
> command from within VDR to save channels.conf ;-)
>
> I would really enjoy a vdr-1.3.0 with autopid in...

This will be one of the main topics in version 1.3.x.
Just give me a little time, I'm currently pretty occupied at
my daytime job...

Klaus