[vdr] Re: Problems with exit-states (VDR-1.2.2)

Onno wrote:

> Hi,
>
> to put some salt to the cooking, i couldn't get
> commandline setup working either,

What exactly was your problem?
Maybe there _is_ a bug in handling plugin command lines.
In that case, let's _fix_ it instead of introducing
tons of config files!

> and yes, i would
> ********
> L O V E
> ********
> to have simple config files for each plugin, instead
> of doing things like:
>
> softlinking each and every script needed by mp3/mplayer
> plugin to /bin/ (i'm starting in inittab, so small path)

I fail to see what this has to do with command line parameters.

> patching plugins to use different devices (/dev/dvd
> doesn't work)

Why do you have to patch the plugin?
Doesn't it offer a command line option to define that device?
If so, a config file woulnd't make any difference if the plugin
author neglects to make a certain parameter configurable.

> and so on.
>
> b.t.w. this was the first app i was unable to generate a
> working commandline for. and hey i did this for living
> some year ago.....

Well, then let's find out what the actual problem is!
If there's a bug in handling command lines, I'll be glad
to fix it. However, as far as I've been using plugins yet,
I haven't had any problems.

Klaus