[vdr] Re: Switching off

On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 18:45, mark.carline wrote:
> I also wondered if anyone has any tips on the configuration of RH9 to
> speeded up the startup and shutdown of VDR ?

If you want a real speed increase have a look at other distros such as
Gentoo and LFS (Linux From Scratch).  All the programs will be compiled
for your computer with only the options you need resulting in smaller
programs and less time to load, etc.  LFS will give you the best results
but it's not for the faint hearted, Gentoo is easier, but a good
knowledge of Linux will make life easier.

all the best,
Richard...