[vdr] timer bug: Usage of channel ID inconsitend

Hi,

some weeks ago I was generating a new channels.conf with help of the scan tool
from the DVD driver.
(used somthing like: scan -o vdr -p -x=0 >channels.conf_new)

The short story is, I wasn't able to use timers, since the usage of the
channel ID in VDR is inconsitent, probably in "transition"

Here is the more detailed report and a workaround:

The first problem with the new channels conf was, that the channels where
working, but all had the number 0. This was probably caused by some channels
with the same name. After stipping the Leading provider and delete not needed
channels, everything looked ok and I was happy:-)

But all my timers were gone. This surprised my, since I thought the channel ID
used in timers.conf would be the same. (Well, some frequency setting were
slighty different... but not all.) So I reprogrammed all timers. Now
everythin looked ok.
Until I restarted vdr. All timers were gone again. (Well, they were still
listed in timers.conf, but the timers menu was empty.)
After debugging the entys in timers.conf I found out, that the channel ID
included  the Network ID from channels.conf. Insted of

S19.2E-0-11953-28006 it read
S19.2E-1-11953-28006 and was therfor using a reseved field which shall be
zero.

My solution was to modifiy my channels.conf to always have 0 for the network
ID.

So if you have disapearing timers, check the network ID in channels.conf for
this channel. Probably it's non zero:-)

Sine I've hit this bug a few weeks ago this problem report might have missed
a few details.

I'm using vdr 1.2.2 (error also occured without plugins)
DVB from CVS  (not sure which version was in use during problem determination)
on a linux-2.4.20 kernel

Output generated from scan:

ARD - Das Erste:11836:h:S19.2E:27500:101:102:104:0:28106:1:0:0 or

Adapted line ich channels.conf which produces the error
ARD:11836:h:S19.2E:27500:101:102:104:0:28106:1:0:0

Fixed line in channels.conf
ARD:11836:h:S19.2E:27500:101:102:104:0:28106:0:0.0

Hope this helps somone out there:-)

Alexander Wetzel