[vdr] Re: 'unknown picture type´' while in live-view

Hi,

Tilo Renkl schrieb:

Hi,

[..]

- 2 card system
- the trouble starts when the 2nd device comes into action
 (2nd record,or transfer mode)

no other similarities come into my mind, so from the advanced users
point of view one is looking for a workaround for now.

Sorry, I have to disappoint you. I only have one card
(Nexus 2.1) and I also

often had this problem. I say "had" because my last
recordings of 24 were

all okay. But on the other side, I sometimes see blocks
when zapping like when

the DVB card was not able to sync correctly to a channel.
And most of the

times, a restart is necessary.

Jörg
well than it all gets down to what to do to prevent errors,
so i can cancel the idea of understanding anything of it :-)

The best workaround could be a loop in vdr which counts these
errors and triggers a restart...

See in remux.c for a line with "unknown picture type" in it and
add a new line aferward with an "emergencyexit(true);"
This is what Klaus told me here to do a restart out of VDR.

Tilo
i know, i read that thread.

but that seemed to be to cruel, since checking my syslog's
showed that this error also occours under other
circumstances, and not always breaks a recording, so a counter
and a time delta are good to have.

i should look at other patches which incorporated counter-loops
to restart vdr, and adopt that to remux.c, but that needs time..

Regards Onno