[vdr] Re: 'unknown picture type´' while in live-view

Tilo Renkl wrote:

> Hi Onno,
>
> > i should look at other patches which incorporated counter-loops
> > to restart vdr, and adopt that to remux.c, but that needs time..
> >
> isn't that time better invested in finding the real bug ?

I absolutely agree with you in that point.

> Sorry, I am not a coder, but I first posted that error months
> ago. It seems that only "non-coders" do have that problem ?!

The big problem in finding that bug is, that you first have to
understand how vdr works and then you can start searching
for any unwanted behaviour. I think the easiest way ist to
patch vdr 1.1.27 step by step to 1.1.28 and find out, which
step causes this error. The problem here is, that nobody knows
how big the single steps have to be. In HISTORY we see

------------------------------- CUT -------------------------------------
2003-04-21: Version 1.1.28

- Using masks in EIT filtering to reduce the number of filters (thanks to Andreas
  Schultz).
- Fixed handling Ca descriptors (thanks to Stefan Huelswitt).
- Now only those Ca descriptors are sent to a CAM that are actually understood
  by that CAM.
- Re-enabled CAM communication during replay and on non-Ca channels. This requires
  a DVB driver with firmware version 2613 or later.
- It is now possible to do simultaneous recording and replay with a single DVB
  card, even with encrypted channels. This requires the use of the Link Layer
  firmware, version 2613 or higher; the -icam firmware is still limited to live
  encrypted channels only. Finally we have time shift for encrypted channels on
  single card systems!
- Enhanced detection of pending user I/O from CAMs to avoid sluggish reaction
  to remote control keypresses.
- Implemented "pause live video". You can now press "Menu/Yellow" or "Pause" on
  your remote control while watching live video to start an instant recording
  of the current programme and immediately start replaying that recording.

We have 7 "big" changes. But Nobody knows, which changes that means to the
sources. Also nobody knows, if Klaus has fixed some small Bugs beside the things
above.

It would be the best, if Klaus could provide the single patches between these
two versions. ( but he wrote, he have not much spare time in the next days :-( )
Eventually a history of each file would be helpful.

Nevertheless I must say that vdr is a great program and Klaus did a great job.

Martin