[vdr] Re: vcd plugin "no disc inserted"?

Lars Oeschey schrieb:
Hi,

I can't get the svcd plugin to play a disc, I only get "no disc inserted". The plugin should automount the cd, no?
No, the plugin doesn't "mount" CDs at all. It just reads CD sectors directly - like a standalone player would do.

I have a cdwriter as CD device, it is under /dev/sr0 and /dev/cdrom is a link to it. I also tried the parameter for svcd plugin:

Do you have a _real_ SCSI device or do you use the IDE-SCSI emulation?

VDRCMD="$VDRPRG -w 60 -t /dev/tty8 -L /usr/src/VDR/PLUGINS/lib -c /usr/local/vdr/etc $* \
-s /usr/local/bin/vdrshutdown \
-P'vcd --vcd=/dev/sr0'"

but it didn't help. Any ideas?

Since you made a symlink /dev/cdrom and the plugin treats this as default there should be no need to specify the drive explicitely. Have you tried to load the plugin _without_ any parameters?

Thomas