[vdr] Re: CAM Aston 1.05 workaround

Le jeudi, 18 sep 2003, à 07:58 Europe/Paris, Antonino Sergi a écrit :

How do you know that SECA does not support 2 audio pid at the same time?
Are you sure?

Hello Antonino,

It is more a fact than a theory. I have nether succeeded recording two audio pids at the same time (SECA1 with Convergence Firmware, SECA2 with TT firmware all with VDR 1.04) ; I have read threads on French newsgroups where people were having troubles with second audio pids on DVB decoders/recorders (Nokia, Kathrein etc.). I remember some mails from Jean-Claude Repetto telling he couldn't have two audio pids recorded in the same file with VIACCESS encryption. Then my conclusion was it was not possible with encrypted channels :-(

A good question is whether the new PilotTime decoder from Canal+ can record the two sound tracks at the same time ? if the answer is yes, then it should be possible with VDR too !
I will ask about that on a french forum.

Patrick.