[vdr] Re: UPT-Error related with vdr-1.1.27-1.1.28-c.diff

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Martin Holst wrote:
> >
> > Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > >
> > > [...]
> > > I'm asking because vdr-1.1.27-1.1.28-c.diff only changes the way
> > > the CA_PMT data is sent to the CAMs. Previously, the same
> > > descriptors were sent to all CAMs, now only those descriptors are
> > > sent to each CAM that are advertised by the CAM as supported.
> > >
> > > If you have a CI/CAM: do the UPT errors go away if you remove
> > > the CAM(s)?
> > >
> > > If you don't have a CI/CAM: I don't see why vdr-1.1.27-1.1.28-c.diff
> > > would introduce the UPT error.
> >
> > That's curious. In the settings of CICAM I had configured all slots to
> > "Free To Air", so there should be no CAM-related problem. But it is
> > obvious that vdr 1.1.27 with the c-diff produce the UPT-Error and
> > until now (and in some tests before I applied the c-diff) vdr 1.1.27
> > incl. b-diff run without any problems.
> >
> > But as Tilo had said some weeks ago, it is possible that vdr run for
> > several days without any problems and suddenly the UPT-error appear.
> > So I do some further tests with vdr 1.1.27 and the b-diff. If you have
> > any further idea, what I can/should test, please let me know.
> >
> > Just an idea: what happens if the EPG-scanner (or myself) switch to
> > a channel, which have a ca-entry in channels-conf which is not
> > supported by any installed card?
> > Perhaps there is a bug in handling the ca-information introduced by
> > diff-c. And why do this problem only occur on my system, when the
> > second card is involved? (recording, transfer mode)
>
> VDR skips any channels that are not provided by one of the DVB cards.
> So you shouldn't be able to switch to any such channel.
>
> However, it could be possible that there is a channel in your
> channels.conf
> that is not marked as CA and thus VDR might switch to it.
> Could you please try with a channels.conf that contains only explicitly
> those channels you know that you can receive (i.e. only FTA channels)?
>
> Maybe you have already reported this, if so I missed it: how many DVB
> cards do you have? Especially: do you have a second, full featured DVB
> card which does an EPG scan?

primary device: Hauppauge DVB-S
secondary device: Hauppauge Nexus-S
every card has its own IRQ

> Finally: in version Version 1.2.5pre2 I have changed it so that during the
> EPG scan no more CA_PMT descriptors are sent to the CI. So even if the
> EPG scan comes across an encrypted channel, it wouldn't try to make the
> CAM decrypt it.
> But then again I assume that you have already tried the latest VDR version
> and still get the errors there, don't you?

I've already tried 1.2.5.pre1-pre3 and nearly every version <1.2.5 with the
same result. And I've tried 1.2.5pre2 without using masks for EIT-Filtering
- also with the same result...
As it seems to be difficult to point out the piece of code which cause that
error, I've another idea:
Is it possible to check frequently, whether the second device is in a valid
state (i.e. receive no unknown picture type). If so, it would be possible to
find out, when the error occur the first time.  Do you think that's
possible?
Is it also possible to track the actions of the second device (channel
switching, received packets, ...)?

Martin

Getestet von Stiftung Warentest: GMX FreeMail (GUT), GMX ProMail (GUT)
(Heft 9/03 - 23 e-mail-Tarife: 6 gut, 12 befriedigend, 5 ausreichend)

Jetzt selbst kostenlos testen: http://www.gmx.net