[vdr] Re: UPT-Error related with vdr-1.1.27-1.1.28-c.diff

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Martin Holst wrote:
> >
> > Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> >> VDR skips any channels that are not provided by one of the DVB cards.
> >> So you shouldn't be able to switch to any such channel.
> >>
> >> However, it could be possible that there is a channel in your
> >> channels.conf
> >> that is not marked as CA and thus VDR might switch to it.
> >> Could you please try with a channels.conf that contains only explicitly
> >> those channels you know that you can receive (i.e. only FTA channels)?
> >>
> >> Maybe you have already reported this, if so I missed it: how many DVB
> >> cards do you have? Especially: do you have a second, full featured DVB
> >> card which does an EPG scan?
> >
> > primary device: Hauppauge DVB-S
> > secondary device: Hauppauge Nexus-S
> > every card has its own IRQ
> >
> >> Finally: in version Version 1.2.5pre2 I have changed it so that during
> >> the EPG scan no more CA_PMT descriptors are sent to the CI. So even
> >> if the EPG scan comes across an encrypted channel, it wouldn't try to
> >> make the CAM decrypt it.
> >> But then again I assume that you have already tried the latest VDR
> >> version and still get the errors there, don't you?
> >
> > I've already tried 1.2.5.pre1-pre3 and nearly every version <1.2.5 with
> > the same result. And I've tried 1.2.5pre2 without using masks for
> > EIT-Filtering - also with the same result...
> > As it seems to be difficult to point out the piece of code which cause
> > that error, I've another idea:
> > Is it possible to check frequently, whether the second device is in a
> > valid state (i.e. receive no unknown picture type). If so, it would be
> > possible to find out, when the error occur the first time.  Do you think

> > that's possible?
> > Is it also possible to track the actions of the second device (channel
> > switching, received packets, ...)?
> >
> > Martin
>
> The "unknown picture type" error can only be reported during a recording
> or Transfer Mode. So if that happens, you already get an error message in
> the log.
> If you want additional actions to take place in that case, just locate the
> error message in remux.c and add your code there.

There I've already placed an EmergencyExit(true) to restart vdr if the UPT
error occur.

> You might want to use the 'status' plugin that comes with VDR to monitor
> the devices (maybe add some more output, depending on what you want to
> test).

With that plugin I could log, to which channels the secondary device
switches. Now I noticed, that I get for every channel switch two
log-entries.
The first one is a channel switch to channel 0 (which shouldn't exist ;-)
and the second one switch to the channel, which was intended.
What's the reason for that behaviour?
btw. I can verify, that the secondary card only switch to channels, which
I can receive. (as it should be)

FYI: Until now I've got no "Unknown Picture Type"-error with vdr 1.1.27
and the a&b-diff. So I really believe, that the problem is in the c-diff.
Is it possible to undo the changes in the c-diff in a recent vdr-version
without to much effort, so that we can test this?

Martin

Getestet von Stiftung Warentest: GMX FreeMail (GUT), GMX ProMail (GUT)
(Heft 9/03 - 23 e-mail-Tarife: 6 gut, 12 befriedigend, 5 ausreichend)

Jetzt selbst kostenlos testen: http://www.gmx.net