[vdr] Re: Channel ID and the parameters?

>> As long as the NID/TID isn't used yet, the frequency is used instead.

[..]

>> Are you using any patches or tools that mess with NID/TID?
>> Plain vanilla VDR works just fine...
>
> I have been using the autopid patch earlier.. and havent fixed my
> channels.conf since.

Ah OK, i found the relevant part in the source :-)

tChannelID cChannel::GetChannelID(void) const
{
  return tChannelID(source, nid, nid ? tid : MHz(frequency), sid, rid);
}

Meaning:

If the nid is not set (=0), the third field is the frequency, otherwise it's the tid!

That solves some problems for me!

Thanks for the help!
Thomas