[vdr] Re: [OT] best distribution for vdr?

Lauri Tischler wrote:
> Juri Haberland wrote:

>> If you have some experience with Linux I'd recommend Gentoo Linux.
>
> If you have some experience with Linux I'd recommend Debian Linux.

Oh well, I tell you what:

I'm running both Gentoo and Debian, and while the package management of
Debian is fantastic, I hate the slowness of the releases.

<rant>
If you want a stable system, choose Debian stable.
Oh, you need software, that is not 2 years old? Then use unstable.

Oh, you want security updates for unstable? Naa, there's no such thing.
Maybe in a month or so. Oh, there's an exploit out there? Bad luck - go,
run Debian stable.

Thanks, I stay with Gentoo.
</rant>

Please send flames directly to me, not to the list.

Thanks,
Juri