[vdr] Re: vdr-systems (UPT bug) results

Manuel Hartl wrote:
> i could present the results, but because only 5 people send me their
> system-data, i couldn´t filter out useful information..

But maybe some other guys can extract something out of this. If
possible, please post your collection. ;-)

> is someone working on the vdr-1.1.27-1.1.28-c.diff ? (i mean reversing the
> changes in a vdr-1.2.x release)
> if not, i am going to try this in the next days..

As I wrote in the other thread, I'd tried it several times with vdr 1.2.5
and
even with vdr 1.1.28. The result is the same: segmentation fault.
Because my system (Mandrake 9.1 & gcc 3.2.2-3mdk) don't show any
debug-information with gdb, it is hard to point out, where the problem is.
As I wrote, the last output is in dvbdevice.c in cDvbTuner::Action before
the command newSet.TimedWait...
As I always said, I'm quite sure, that the problem is in that diff.

I'm planning to install Debian on my VDR, so maybe I can continue with
debuging. But at the moment, I've no idea what I could do next.

If you start with "reverse-patching" any vdr-version, please post your
results. If possible you can use the same combination to start, as I did:
vanilla vdr 1.1.28 + DVB from 11.06.2003. So maybe it's possible to
combine our work.

Martin

Getestet von Stiftung Warentest: GMX FreeMail (GUT), GMX ProMail (GUT)
(Heft 9/03 - 23 e-mail-Tarife: 6 gut, 12 befriedigend, 5 ausreichend)

Jetzt selbst kostenlos testen: http://www.gmx.net