[vdr] Re: System freeze - scanning recordings ...

Am Sonntag, 21. September 2003 16:34 schrieben Sie:
> Please do
>
>   which find
>
> and write the resulting path (which, on my system, is /usr/bin/find)
> into the FINDCMD macro in recording.c. It should then look like
>
>   #define FINDCMD      "/usr/bin/find %s -follow -type d -name '%s' 2>
> /dev/null"
>
> (provided your 'find' is also in /usr/bin).
>
> Does this change anything?

I changed it to /usr/bin/find ... nothing changed. I played a bit with the
Load-Function. I could not get it to work standalone, BUT:

popen forks a child process. With strace, I think, I can tell, this popen
never comes back. I commented it out and, voila, I became an empty window,
but no crash.

It is not quite clear to me, what the following lines do, as I am only started
looking at the code:

    while ((s = readline(p)) != NULL) {
           cRecording *r = new cRecording(s);
           if (r->Name())
              Add(r);
           else
              delete r;
           }

Take one line after the other, but do what? Why has p to be a Filepointer and
not a simple Stringpointer e.g? I used the system() function and got back the
expected result, but as a string to the file.

Therefor: Can I create a cRecording Object with just the name? I wouldn't have
to use popen then.

I read about popen and various problems with the STL in gcc3. I can not tell
if this is related to my problem, because gentoo is mostly very up-to-date. I
don't have a big clue about system-programming, so I might be asking dumb
questions. Sorry for that.

I will make some space tomorrow, so I can use one partition with the
debian-based VDR-Distro which did arrive Saturday morning in my c't (german
computermagazin) and test if I have the same problems there. If not, it might
be gentoo.

What glibc and gcc do you use for development?

--
Thorsten