[vdr] Re: vdradmin autotimer - only record on first occurance possible ?

On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 03:17:48PM +0300, Jan Ekholm wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Christian Jacobsen wrote:
>
> >Hallo,
> >
> >>AFAIK such a feature isn't planned for vdradmin.
> >>
> >>But for "unsimple"(tm) automatic-recording there is master-timer.
> >>
> >>http://www.fall-tot-um.org/homes/scin18/mt/master-timer-0.5.12.tar.gz
> >
> >Yes I have read about it some times.
> >
> >One Question - if the transmitter is only transmitting very little EPG
> >Information, then i think that only the first occurace is recorded even if
> >they are different. Is it then possible to say that this single timer
> >should not use the done feature ?
> >
> >And is anybody worikng on an frontend for master-timer ?
> >Preferably a VDR Plugin :) ?

I "want(tm)" to do this for more than a year now, but i don't find the
time to do it.

> How does master-timer differ from vdradmin? I've only used the latter.

Master-Timer is (as the name says) only for (automatic) recording.

vdradmin is a "easy to use" multipurpose-helper for VDR. Which happens
to include a "lightweight" automatic-recording-solution.

master-timer is a single-task program, designed "the unix way" (Do one
thing, but do it right) Or in other words, this is the "heavyweight"
solution for automatic recording.

Automatic recording is not a "sub"-function of a bigger program(like the
autotimer in vdradmin), it's the only purpose of master-timer.

Bis denn