[vdr] Re: channels.conf repository?

On Friday 26 September 2003 09:35, you wrote:
> Is there anywhere where an archive of channels.conf files for different
> transmitters is kept? If not, there should be!

For the UK certainly, all the tools and information are there to generate a
complete channels.conf relevant to your area. See my latter stages of my Dxr3
HOWTO (from the 'DIAGNOSTICS' section onwards) at
http://klub.org/~gdh/vdr_dxr3_howto.txt since this is VDR generic information,
and not Dxr3 specific.

You may also like to try the 'autopid' patch since this will obtain the
service IDs, APIDs/VPIDs given at least one transmitter to lock on to. Klaus
has said many times that VDR in the upcoming 1.3.x developer series will
incorporate an automatic scan in this vein.

So, a dbase of channels.confs would be quite short-lived.. and in the
meantime, you'll just have to work it out manually - the info is there, and
the required mathematics are trivial :)

Cheers,
Gavin.