[vdr] Re: Buffer overflows

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003, Emil Naepflein wrote:

>On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 12:28:50 +0300 (EEST), Jan Ekholm
><chakie@infa.abo.fi> wrote:
>
>> Something got removed a few hours back, I think, but the actual removing
>> of the files took place long before the overflows. The filesystem is a
>> local ext3, ie not over NFS.
>
>I alsu use ext3 and I had similar problems.
>
>> I haven't enabled it at least... Below is what hdparm tells me, I can't
>> seem to find anything related to APM or power management. But one would
>> think that power management would cause problems more often than, say,
>> every three days.
>
>>            *    Power Management feature set
>
>Try "hdparm -S 0 /dev/hda" . I would also set the keepsettings bit to
>avoid problems when some error occurs.

Of course I didn't see that line. Although it shows the same whatever
value I get for -S (the command does however seem to be effective, it
says:

/dev/hda:
 setting keep_settings to 1 (on)
 setting standby to 0 (off)
 keepsettings =  1 (on)

So I assume power management is off now. Would be nice if it's just
something silly like this. Thanks a lot for the tip!

--
        Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind.
                                              -- Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man