[vdr] Re: UTP-Error

Tilo Renkl wrote:
> @Martin Holst:
>
> What are your latest results ? Testet 1.2.5 with DVB CVS of 07.09. and got
> UTP-Errors again :-((

Where should I start first? ;-)
Different Kernels, different Linux-Distributions, different DVB-Driver and
all vdr
>= vdr 1.1.28 produce this error. I've tried also a channel list, which
contain
only german FTA-programs and I got this error. So: no solution with
unpatched
or unchanged vdr.

Because the dvb-kernel doesn't recognize my secondary card correctly, I'm
not
able to test the dvb-kernel for this bug. Maybe the other people in this ML
have
some experiences with dvb-kernel (with kernel version 2.4.x, 2.5.x and
2.6.x).

I've tried to undo that changes in vdr 1.2.5 and also (as Klaus and I
thought it
would be easier) in vdr 1.1.28 and I got always a segmentation fault because
of a method call with NULL-pointer and 0 as the Transponder, SeviceId, ...).
I don't know why this call happens, I don't understand exactly who call this
method. So it's really hard to debug. Maybe I'll have a little bit spare
time
in the next few days, so I'll look at it again.

@Sascha Volkenandt: Have you success with testing my changed files?

> @Klaus:
>
> Because nobody undertands VDR as good as you, can you have a look in
> 1.2.5 and undo the changes done in vdr-1.1.27-1.1.28-c.diff ?

@Klaus: If you want, I can send you the changed files for vdr 1.1.28, so
that
you only have to find the reason for the wrong parameters. ;-)
I'll try to do this also. I think if we find the reason within 1.1.28, we
also find
the reason for the segmentation fault within 1.2.5.

Martin