[vdr] Re: error compiling mplayerclusterplugin 0.0.1a with VDR 1.2.25

> If you have any success with using the mplayercluster to replay with the
> help of another more powerful, then please drop me or the mailinglist a
> line. I tried to use it without success a couple of months ago (and I could
> still need it working)...
>
> /Martin Altemark

Hi,

wow. I got the mplayerclusterplugin to work now ;)  well, it does a great job
on the first view, but it certainly needs some tweaks to work properly.
 - playback is somewhat choppy although i am using a 1 Ghz Athlon as the
   recoder server
 - VDR seems to switch to NTSC mode. hm. so the resolution looks not so good
   just like when viewing NTSC DVDs with the DVD plugin.

I will have a look at the sources to how the mplayer is actually called. maybe
I can mix it with the powerful mplayer.sh script.

and there is another issue. maybe i should the readme, but how does this NFS
setupoption work? All mpeg/divx files are on an NFS share.  the client ,
mplayerclusterplugin, plays the movies from an nfs share which is located on
my server, which does the recode job.  So what do i need to set up so that
seeking works. especially what do i need at "NFS Prefix" ?

But now to you Martin,

what exactly doesn't work? after the hint from Sasha, everything was pretty
easy to setup. look at the thread few days ago. just copy the recode-server
binary to e.g. /usr/bin on your server and execute it with /usr/bin/
recoder-server &  for example. put this into you startup scripts.
you also need a wokring mplayer wihtout DVB support.
this is it.
now, on the client side. compile the plugin and use it. then go to the VDR
setup and enter the IP of your server machine. also you need to provide a
mplayersources.conf file.  this is it.
now you should be able to use the  plugin.

good luck !!!

greetings !

Thomas