[vdr] Re: (dxr3) picture with white dots on top

Malcolm Caldwell wrote:
My dxr3 setup works quite well except:

I see a series of white dots on top of widescreen material. (I have a
4:3 screen.)

These dots appear one line above the top of the picture. They don't
seem to change. (or maybe they do - I thought I noticed them change
once but I was not sure - if they do change it is very infrequently). As the dots are one scanline high they flicker a fair bit.

These dots are also there when I play the stream using the streamdev
plugin and xine so this is not a dxr3 problem.

Does anyone know how to remove them?
Nope - I've got the same problem, but the line doesn't flicker :) However, the dots only appear on one channel (BBC ONE) when they broadcast 16:9. My best guess is that the dots are part of the picture they transmit but shouldn't...