[vdr] Re: vdr-dvd-0.3.3-jau-p7 (backwards/rewind with picture)

On Tuesday 07 October 2003 23:03, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> While talking about keys: I haven't looked at the latest DVD plugin
> version with your patches and fixes yet, but I believe I read in
> one of the postings here that the blue key is being (ab)used
> for "goto title" and above you wrote about '7' being the
> "subtitle menu" key. I'd like to suggest to keep the keys as
> close to the standard VDR meaning as possible, which means that
> "blue" should be "stop replay" and '7'/'9' should be used to jump
> between chapters (which is the closest thing to skipping between
> editing marks). Using completely different key mappings is IMHO
> irritating for users who know the keys' meanings from VDR's replay
> function.

because the bigger "jump" the biger key, i would preferre
	'4' and '6' .. chapters
	'7' and '9' .. titles

but because we need a lot keys ;-), i would love to use the blue one
for track jumpers, because with 'back' you can always exit == stop replay ..

> Just my 2ct. Of course, as it says in PLUGINS.html, "it's your show..." ;-)

nope .. not mine .. ours ;-)

and of course - i tried to mimik natural behavior..

how about this:

Key            Function
Red            Goto position (enter time)
Green          1 min. backward
Yellow         1 min. forward
Blue           Goto title (enter title number)

Back	       Stop Replay - Exit

Ok             toggle progess display (this will mess up any subtitles)
6/9            Move Menu Up/Down (only in progess display, like in mplayer plugin)

Up             playback
Down           pauses playback
Left/Right     forward/rewind (fast if play mode, slow if pause mode)

1              skip to next     audio channel
2              skip to next     subtitle
3              skip to next     angle

4              skip to next     chapter
6              skip to previous chapter
7              skip to next     title  (only avaiable if now progess display)
9              skip to previous title  (only avaiable if now progess display)

5              go to DVD Root menu
8              go to DVD Title menu
0              go to DVD Audio menu

In DVD-Menu:
2/8/4/6,5      DVD menu Up/Down/Left/Right, OK control's
               Left/Right/Up/Down OK also work when in menuspace
Green          skip to previous title
Yellow         skip to next     title