[vdr] Re: vdr-dvd-0.3.3-jau-p8 (+subtitle +... +fixes)

On Wednesday 08 October 2003 18:25, Andreas Schultz wrote:
> Hi Sven, hi all,
>
> Still alive under all that mail you are getting now? ;-))
>
> On Wednesday 08 October 2003 5:10 am, Sven Goethel wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> >         - Enhanced dvd-player's SPU and controller/interface locking/hide
>
> You invent a lot of code there only to code arround a limitation of
> libdvdnav.

yep ..

> All the information you are collecting to make this work is
> actually available, only libdvdnav is not exporting an interface to access
> it. Wouldn't it be easier and cleaner to implement the necessary functions
> in libdvdnav?

well .. this would be the logical next step

but i just go step by step ;-)

for me, vdr-dvd is a kinda playground to learn how such things does work.
so i peek at libdvdnav and check out how to _use_ things in the first
place in our application.

the next step is to post such functions to the libdvdnav staff ML,
and e.g. offer them such stuff to complete their API,
e.g. Goto( Secounds) -> whould be the impl. of the cur. missing dvdnav_time_search !

i preferre placing the impl. into vdr-dvd to test it, and to not force the users
to use a kinda non confirmed libdvdnav version.
if the libdvdnav staff checks in some of the code into the official cvs .. well,
then we can use it instead - of course.

so - the code is there ..

> Also, changing the current audio, subtitle or angle stream should IMHO be
> reflected in the corresponding VM registers.

ja, but they are not public ;-)
but i changed this in the latest p8 (?), where i setup the audio/subtitle
language code ;-)

> I have a patch to implement a dvdnav_set_active_audio_stream() function,
> doing the same for angle and spu's shouldn't be hard. Also, exporting the
> audio and spu stream information from the IFO's is trivial.
> I could provide the patch if somebody is willing to push it to the
> libdvdnav guys.

thats the point .. we need an interface to the official libdvdnav cvs ;-)
i hate the usage of "private" copies ;-)

so .. send the patch to this ML,
and i will compile a new set to ask the dvdnav staff for approval.

> Have fun
>
> Andreas

last but not least .. it works 8-]

having fun ..

cheers, sven

- --
health & wealth
mailto:sgoethel@jausoft.com
www   : http://www.jausoft.com ; pgp: http://www.jausoft.com/gpg/
voice : +49-5121-999600 ; fax : +49-5121-999602