[vdr] OSD message plugin?

Hi,

has anyone implemented a plugin to show simple messages on the OSD from
an external program? As an example, I would like to display on the OSD
when there is an incoming phone call (I get the info via an ISDN card in
my VDR box), and when I have new email in my mailbox.

The plugin could for example listen on a UDP port and display for a
couple of seconds on the OSD any text it receives on the port.

If there isn't anything like this, then I probably have some hacking to
do... ;-)

  Björn

--
Björn Andersson <bjorn@iki.fi>