[vdr] Re: patch reccmd submenu for vdr1.2.5

Alexander Blum wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> just started getting into vdr and digital video recording and just stumbled
> over this list. :)
>
> After having installed my first vdr a few days ago I noticed the difficulty to
> navigate quickly through menus. Especially the commands and recording
> commands menu could get quite crowded. So I had a look at the code and came
> up with a small patch to enable submenus in all command menus.
> After having applied attached patch you can configure / group your menu items
> using '-' chars, e.g. (replace command with actual command):
> Divx   : echo "nothing"
> - -To Divx List  : command
> - -Show List  : command
> - -Activate : command
> DVD : echo "nothing"
> - -To List : command
> - -Show List  : command
> - -Grab : echo "nothing"
> - --Grab Background : command
> - --Grab SubBack : command
> etc.
> So now you can shorten your command lists and thus increase accessibility,
> because you can simply use number keys to quickly navigate to the desired
> function.
> The patch has been tested on vdrportal.de and the only unresolved problem is a
> compiler warning concerning hidden virtual functions, which I could not
> reproduce on my system.
> The patch is considered for inclusion in 1.3 (though not confirmed).

I'll keep it in mind, although the final implementation
will most likely look a little different, since I also
want to allow submenus for plugins, which shall follow
a common scheme (i.e. it will not use '-' at the beginning
to indicate submenus, but rather something along the lines
of /Menu/Submenu1/Submenu2/...).

Klaus