[vdr] Re: vdradmin blocks LIRC thread (SOLUTION ! )

On 10 Oct 2003 at 14:39, Christian Jacobsen wrote:
> As there is no good solution I have decided (and started) to change to
> master-timer.
> It can read the epg.data directly so that you don't have to use SVDRP
> commands for that.

This brought me to the right Idea. When you send "LSTE" to the VDR you get
the epg.data file with a leading "215-" on each line.
So I made a patch that vdradmind can directly read the epg.data like
mastertimer.
This only works if vdradmind and vdr are running on the same machine, or at
least vdradmind must have access to the epg.data file of vdr.

It is a patch against (plain) 0.94 of vdradmin. Rebuild your configuration
with "vdradmin.pl -c" or add manualy these two lines in your config:

EPG_DIRECT = 1
EPG_FILENAME = /vdr/config/epg.data

With  the EPG_DIRECT = 0 vdradmin should work like before.

Hope it works for others like it did for me.
( But be sure to have a backup of vdradmin if not ! )

Greetings
Peter