[vdr] Re: Nasty bug in StillPicture()

On 15 Oct 2003 Oliver Endriss <o.endriss@gmx.de> wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 October 2003 23:15, Stefan Huelswitt wrote:
>> while setting marks on my recordings I noticed that from time to
>> time VDR segfaults while moving the marks.
>>
>> I tracked this down to bad parsing in
>> cDvbDevice::StillPicture(). If the Data field contains non-0xEx
>> packets these packets are scanned byte by byte. If the data of
>> e.g. a 0xC0 audio packet contains the sequence 00 00 01 ea, this
>> is misdetected as a video packet. In most cases this leads to an
>> overflow of the allocated buff.
>
> Oops, I wasn't aware that audio packets may contain start codes. :-(

Well, actualy they can contain any sequence of bytes ;)

But, in the meantime I found out that this particular bug is a
side effect of the AC3overDVB patch and doesn't happens with
plain VDR.

With plain VDR all non-video packets are stripped from the data
buffer before passing it to StillPicture().

Sorry for bothering.

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan