[vdr] How to write a logfile with --terminalýev/tty1 ?

Hi,
my diskless and monitor-less VDR client starts vdr with option --terminal=/dev/tty1 to get input from keys on the casing.
Is there any way to write the output of vdr to a log file? Redirection into a file (">>/var/log/vdr") does not work. I think, --terminal redirects the whole output to /dev/tty1 internally, correct?
If there is actually no way at the moment, how about a command line option like --no-stdout-redirect or something like this.
Greetings,
Matthias Huber